Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2010/04/08 04:30:44 UTC

Production runs to project mgr

is there code to import a production run into project mgr
so the run is a phase and the steps are tasks

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Re: Production runs to project mgr

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Apr 8, 2010, at 5:39 PM, Adrian Crum wrote:

> Thanks Jacopo! I'm still trying to compare the manufacturing application to our current need, so I might be speaking too soon. From what I understand, a BOM can include labor costs.

Labor cost is computed from the time needed to complete the routing tasks associated to the product.

> Can those costs be edited after the production run to reflect the actual labor spent on each task?

There is a rough ui to enter actual times when the production run is running; these times are used to compute actual costs.

Jacopo

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
my thought on this is to use the project manager to work with this data.
my reasoning is that for management they want to see bottlenecks, costs.
then be able to assign other labor cost from Personnel to see how they
can influence the cost of the production run.

this goes along with the ERP philosophy of resource planning

=======================

BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Jacopo Cappellato sent the following on 4/8/2010 10:32 AM:

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Thanks Jacopo! I'm still trying to compare the manufacturing application
to our current need, so I might be speaking too soon. From what I
understand, a BOM can include labor costs. Can those costs be edited

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.
I have a similar need. Or maybe what we need is to build out manufacturing more. I'm working on a process right now where labor is tracked per unit on an assembly line.

-Adrian