Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Maurice Lawler <ma...@me.com> on 2013/08/16 22:05:01 UTC

Admin Password

Riddle me this…

I am unsure as to what the issue is, I installed CS 4.1.1 and created a secondary user, logged out of the Admin portion logged into the regular user and now the admin password does not work. How would one change the password via the database or another method ?

- Maurice

Re: Admin Password

Posted by "SuichII, Christopher" <Ch...@netapp.com>.
If you look in <csroot>/developer/developer-prefill.sql, you'll find the default password already encrypted. Just copy that and set it as the password for the admin account with mysql at the command line.

If you need help with that, just let me know and I can write the SQL command for you.

-Chris

Fwd: Admin Password

Posted by Maurice Lawler <ma...@me.com>.

Re: Admin Password

Posted by Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru <ve...@citrix.com>.
Password in the DB is stored as MD5sum hash. In order to set the password,
you need to generate MD5 hash for the password string that you want to set.

You can use one such link to generate it online
http://www.md5hashgenerator.com/index.php

For more info on how to set, please follow the link
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX133469

Thanks,
SWAMY