Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Case Torres <Ca...@casetorrestech.com> on 2007/04/12 02:57:52 UTC

manufacturing scheduling features of OFBiz

Hi,

Would appreciate any input regarding what manufacturing scheduling features
are in OFBiz. I checked out the OFBiz feature list and imagine these
features are somewhere in the Work Effort module but I would like more
detail than what's listed.

Many Thanks,

Case Torres

http://www.casetorrestech.com

case@casetorrestech.com

Re: ResourceBundle cache clearing - (was Loading of Data)

Posted by Marco Nijdam <ma...@West.NL>.
Dear David,

You may know Apache commons configuration already, but if not,
take a look at it. It has auto-reloading of config files, and
can work with both XML and properties files (and DBs) through
the same API. It may even do UTF-8, though I'm not sure.

For localized resource bundles you would need
to develop something, but maybe that can go into Apache commons
again?

Kind regards,
--
-- Marco Nijdam,         marco@west.nl
-- West Consulting B.V., Delftechpark 5, 2628 XJ  Delft, The Netherlands

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Apr 13, 2007, at 5:25 PM, Adrian Crum wrote:

> David E. Jones wrote:
>> 2. could structure XML file so that there is a single element for
>> each message ID, and then a sub-element for each alternate locale
>> for  the actual messages
>
> So, there would be one large XML file with all languages in it?

Large or small, yeah, all languages in one XML file (if we want to do
it that way, of course).

>> 3. could configure globally which locale to default to, and could
>> more intelligently default with multiple locales for defaulting,
>> ie  try Mexico Spanish then Spain Spanish then English (will
>> usually want  English as a last resort since that is the most
>> complete set of  labels in OFBiz)
>
> I'm not an expert on this, but isn't the internationalization
> already set up to default to the basic language if a locale-
> specific dialect isn't found?

Yes, but you can't configure which locale is the default, or a chain
of defaults, except in a limited way through the naming of files.
Makes it really difficult to change that order... ie you have to
rename dozens of files...

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
To make the discussion a bit more interesting there is one other
alternative I was looking at early on because of various problems
with the ResourceBundle.

First some of the problems related to using the ResourceBundle stuff:

1. properties files cannot be UTF-8 encoded

2. if the system language is not English the locale defaulting back
to english is broken (because we use english as the language for our
properties files without a locale suffix

3. changed properties files cannot be reloaded on the fly

Because of these things early on I considered writing our own
localization tool, probably based on an XML file rather than a
properties file for more flexibility.

Some thoughts on that:

1. can't use nice tools like some of the properties file management
things; though with the other files we would design them so it
wouldn't be so necessary...

2. could structure XML file so that there is a single element for
each message ID, and then a sub-element for each alternate locale for
the actual messages

3. could configure globally which locale to default to, and could
more intelligently default with multiple locales for defaulting, ie
try Mexico Spanish then Spain Spanish then English (will usually want
English as a last resort since that is the most complete set of
labels in OFBiz)

4. these XML files would be UTF-8 encoded so no tool would be
necessary to move to/from the limited encoding with \uXXXX things and
such

Anyway... these kinds of features would be nice for localization
efforts... If someone is interested enough it would be great to get
this developed, or at least start pooling funds for sponsoring
development or something.

-David

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Moving this to dev list...

Re: Loading of Data

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.

Re: Loading of Data

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Re: Loading of Data

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Interesting, thanks Scott !

Jacques

De : "Scott Gray" <le...@gmail.com>

Re: Loading of Data

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.

Re: Loading of Data

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: Loading of Data

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Loading of Data

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
I was under the impression the properties are loaded and cached the first
time the file is used and can be cleared via webtools

Scott

On 12/04/07, Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> wrote:

> Deploying a classpath resource is similar to deploying a compiled Java
> class :  you have to reload.
>
> This article may be of interest in this field :
> http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javatips/jw-javatip125.html
>
> Jacques
>

> > Hi,
> >

> > When you are working with files that are not using entity tags
> > ("<entity-engine-xml>"), such as 'arithmetic.properties' is there a
> method
> > to load the data, or is the file called each time it is used. (I did
> clear
> > the cache).
> >
> > I would like to understand this better, any guidance would be
> appreciated.
> >

> > Thanks & Regards,
> >
> > Peter

RE: Loading of Data

Posted by pe...@ec4b.com.
Hi Adrian,

How do you do that?

Is this a console command, or a GUI menu option?

Thanks & Regards,

Peter

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

RE: Loading of Data

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
Open up the window that you typed startofbiz.bat (Windows) or
startofbiz.sh (Linux/Unix) into and press Ctrl+C.  This will completely
shutdown the server.  When it's done shutting down, start it again.

Re: Loading of Data

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Just restart ofbiz.

Re: Loading of Data