Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Simison, Matthew" <ma...@conxion.net> on 2001/12/27 19:50:33 UTC

accent characters è

I am running several flavors of solaris,a dn all running apache 1.3.9 or
higher.
I have run across a problem with our foriegn customers. They upload files
with accent characters like è.
So I tested various html pages and I could get netscape to see things like
tèst.html
but not IE. Here are some things I tried:

in srm.conf

AddType text/html;charset=UTF-8 html htm
AddCharset ISO-8859-8 .iso8859-8
AddCharset UTF-8        .utf8
AddDefaultCharset utf-8

in httpd.conf
<IfModule mod_negotiation.c>
        LanguagePriority en da nl et fr de el it ja kr no pl pt pt-br ru ltz
ca
es sv tw
    </IfModule>

None seem to really work.

How can I get the server to serve these types of characters.

Matt

Re: accent characters �

Posted by Andrew Hawkes <ah...@unicon.net>.
If it works fine for Netscape, Apache is probably fine. Seems like IE is
the culprit.