Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com> on 2015/11/17 22:20:57 UTC

Update on meetup membership

It is the 3rd month anniversary of Apache Apex, and I want to update all of
you on our progress on meetups. We have had quite a few meetups getting
started throughout the world. Various members of our community are leading
these efforts in their respective cities. New locations are coming up as we
get more volunteers. We have about 700 members combined in these meetups.
The leading meetups are Bay Area, Pune, and Chicago. Apache Apex is now
having about 2-4 events/presentations per month. It is great progress and
far outstrips what our expectations when Apex incubated on Aug 17th.

For those in Apache Apex community who do not have a meetup in their city
and wish to start one, do send email on this thread and we will help you
get started.

Thks,
Amol