Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Trevor Holman <tr...@cqproducts.com> on 2014/09/23 23:27:24 UTC

nativePath

image.source = event.target.selectedItem.nativePath;

I’m trying to grab the path of an image file to show a preview when a given file is selected from a file tree directory. However I’m getting a broken image symbol. This is a learning exercise for me so it’s hard for me to tell if the material I’m pulling this from is too outdated or not.

I’ve taken that same image and put it in a asset folder within my application just to make sure it will show up (which it does when I embed it). So I’m assuming my file path is not complete from the code above.

Trevor

RE: nativePath

Posted by Trevor Holman <tr...@mchsi.com>.
It's a selectedItem from files from any given directory I might have images in.

Are you sure you aren't dealing with a null event.target or selectedItem

--
Justin Dallas
Phone:814-880-5637

Re: nativePath

Posted by Trevor Holman <tr...@cqproducts.com>.
the url worked perfect, thanks.

Re: nativePath

--
Lee Burrows
ActionScripter

Re: nativePath

Posted by Justin Ransom Dallas <ju...@gmail.com>.

--
Justin Dallas
Phone:814-880-5637

Re: nativePath

Posted by Peter Ginneberge <p....@gmail.com>.
File.nativePath should only really be used for display (e.g. in a tooltip,
etc..). Use File.url to actually load the file.

event.currentTarget is preferred as event.target doesn't always refer to the
component that the event was assigned to.

Then you should also cast the selectedItem to the class you expect it to be.

var f:File = event.currentTarget.selectedItem as File;
if(f != null) {
	trace("    - path: ", f.nativePath);
	image.source = f.url;
}