Posted to wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org by Richard Jacob <ja...@apache.org> on 2004/02/03 10:06:39 UTC

Re: Confirmation about portlet application and portlet

Masumi Ito wrote:

>1. Can we include a number of portlets in one portlet
>application?

yes you can, this is the way jsr168 describes it.
A portlet application can consist of multiple portlets.

>If possible, these portlets can share same session with cookie
>initialized per group(portlet application).

correct.

> And then it
>seems that deployment working of portlet is carried out not per
>portlet but per portlet application, so by just once installing
>a portlet application in Tomcat, WSRP Producer can
>expose multi-portlets included in it as WSRP portlets.
>(In this case, these can be different kinds of portlets.)

correct.

>2. If 1. is possible, all of these portlets' meta infomation
>need to be written anywhere.  Portlet.xml corresponds to this
>in JSR168 Spec.
>Well, should we prepare portlet.xml files as many as the
>number of portlets included in the portlet application?
>Or prepare a portlet.xml file and write many meta-info about
>them in it?

Same as the jsr168 spec & pluto implementation (since we are using their
container),
One portlet.xml containing info about all portlets.

>3. If both 1. and 2. are OK, can a portlet call for other
>portlets included in the same portlet application with same
>session shared?

no, there is no portlet forwarding/including in jsr168.

>If so, we can make portlet application utilizing coordination
>between portlets.

Coordination of portlets is not specified yet neither in the portlet
spec nor in wsrp.
However both committees will be/are working on coordination and will be
specified in the next spec versions.

cu
Richard