Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by sankar <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/12 04:02:06 UTC

[FlexJS] Is there a way to auto-select row in DataGrid?

I seen DataGrid.selectedIndex is a read-only property in FlexJS. Is there a
way to select one or multiple rows without user's click?

Thanks.

Re: [FlexJS] Is there a way to auto-select row in DataGrid?

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.
I think selectedIndex on DataGrid should work. I left it this way to come
back to it at some point. Since the FlexJS DataGrid is made up of multiple
lists, setting the selectedIndex on the main grid needs to trickle down to
the invidual lists that make up the columns. Each list shares the same
dataProvider, but maintains their own state (as I recall). Perhaps they
should share more or all of the same state. After all, if you select item
3, you want each list to select its own item 3.

You should file a bug so this gets cleaned up.

Peter Ent
Adobe Systems/Apache Flex Project