Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by 超级塞亚人 <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/25 14:02:45 UTC

Need help when running 2TB data

Hi everybody,
  I am facing a problem after I ran a 2TB data. It says the job is
completed but there are 4 failed tasks. Here is the information:
  java.lang.Throwable: Child Error
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:271)
  Caused by: java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status of
126.
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:258)

Does anybody know the reason?
Thank you very much!

Re: Need help when running 2TB data

Posted by sudhakara st <su...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

JT reported that job completed successfully means it job is completed
successfully after resubimiting failed task, For jobs which  comtains large
number of Map and Reducer tasks it's quite common  some task are failed
from various reason and resubmitted. No need worry for these failure.

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Failed task can be because the task failed to report to JT or anything.
> Did your job finished successfully?
>
> If not do you have further logs available?
> On Apr 25, 2013 5:45 PM, "超级塞亚人" <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>   I am facing a problem after I ran a 2TB data. It says the job is
>> completed but there are 4 failed tasks. Here is the information:
>>   java.lang.Throwable: Child Error
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:271)
>>   Caused by: java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status
>> of 126.
>> at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:258)
>>
>> Does anybody know the reason?
>> Thank you very much!

.....  Sudhakara.st

Re: Need help when running 2TB data

Posted by sudhakara st <su...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

JT reported that job completed successfully means it job is completed
successfully after resubimiting failed task, For jobs which  comtains large
number of Map and Reducer tasks it's quite common  some task are failed
from various reason and resubmitted. No need worry for these failure.

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Failed task can be because the task failed to report to JT or anything.
> Did your job finished successfully?
>
> If not do you have further logs available?
> On Apr 25, 2013 5:45 PM, "超级塞亚人" <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>   I am facing a problem after I ran a 2TB data. It says the job is
>> completed but there are 4 failed tasks. Here is the information:
>>   java.lang.Throwable: Child Error
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:271)
>>   Caused by: java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status
>> of 126.
>> at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:258)
>>
>> Does anybody know the reason?
>> Thank you very much!

.....  Sudhakara.st

Re: Need help when running 2TB data

Posted by sudhakara st <su...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

JT reported that job completed successfully means it job is completed
successfully after resubimiting failed task, For jobs which  comtains large
number of Map and Reducer tasks it's quite common  some task are failed
from various reason and resubmitted. No need worry for these failure.

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Failed task can be because the task failed to report to JT or anything.
> Did your job finished successfully?
>
> If not do you have further logs available?
> On Apr 25, 2013 5:45 PM, "超级塞亚人" <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>   I am facing a problem after I ran a 2TB data. It says the job is
>> completed but there are 4 failed tasks. Here is the information:
>>   java.lang.Throwable: Child Error
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:271)
>>   Caused by: java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status
>> of 126.
>> at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:258)
>>
>> Does anybody know the reason?
>> Thank you very much!

.....  Sudhakara.st

Re: Need help when running 2TB data

Posted by sudhakara st <su...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

JT reported that job completed successfully means it job is completed
successfully after resubimiting failed task, For jobs which  comtains large
number of Map and Reducer tasks it's quite common  some task are failed
from various reason and resubmitted. No need worry for these failure.

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Failed task can be because the task failed to report to JT or anything.
> Did your job finished successfully?
>
> If not do you have further logs available?
> On Apr 25, 2013 5:45 PM, "超级塞亚人" <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>   I am facing a problem after I ran a 2TB data. It says the job is
>> completed but there are 4 failed tasks. Here is the information:
>>   java.lang.Throwable: Child Error
>>  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:271)
>>   Caused by: java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status
>> of 126.
>> at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:258)
>>
>> Does anybody know the reason?
>> Thank you very much!

.....  Sudhakara.st

Re: Need help when running 2TB data