Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Sepand M <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/23 01:30:54 UTC

JAAS problems

Hi,

I can't seem to get JAAS working.
I've defined the login.config as shown on the site, but I get the
following error once a connection comes in (the exception is thrown
when lc.login is called in JaasAuthenticationBroker.java):

javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: unable to find LoginModule
class: org.apache.activemq.jaas.GroupPrincipal
        at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:808)
        at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(LoginContext.java:186)
        at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(LoginContext.java:683)
        at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokePriv(LoginContext.java:680)
        at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:579)
        at org.apache.activemq.security.JaasAuthenticationBroker.addConnection(JaasAuthenticationBroker.java:76)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConnection(BrokerFilter.java:80)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.MutableBrokerFilter.addConnection(MutableBrokerFilter.java:90)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.AbstractConnection.processAddConnection(AbstractConnection.java:559)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagedTransportConnection.processAddConnection(ManagedTransportConnection.java:83)
        at org.apache.activemq.command.ConnectionInfo.visit(ConnectionInfo.java:120)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.AbstractConnection.service(AbstractConnection.java:228)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection$1.onCommand(TransportConnection.java:63)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.onCommand(ResponseCorrelator.java:92)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onCommand(TransportFilter.java:67)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.onCommand(WireFormatNegotiator.java:123)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.onCommand(InactivityMonitor.java:123)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume(TransportSupport.java:88)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.SslTransport.doConsume(SslTransport.java:128)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:127)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

As you may have noticed, the class missing is GroupPrincipal. This is
because I changed login.config to use that class. I did the same thing
using ActiveMQConnectionFactory and there were no problems (well, it
obviously couldn't use it as a LoginModule, but it had no problem
finding the class). It seems that it can't find classes within
org.apache.activemq.jaas.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Regards,
Sepand

Re: JAAS problems

Posted by Sepand M <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Sorry, but no =). You missed my point.
The reason I'm using GroupPrincipal as a dummy class to see if it can
find *ANY* of the activemq jaas classes. And it cannot.
As I mentioned in the last post, It can find other activemq classes
such as ActiveMQConnectionFactory, but it cannot find any jaas classes
(LoginModule derivatives or not).

Re: JAAS problems

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Re: JAAS problems

Posted by Sepand M <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: JAAS problems

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/24/06, Sepand M <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> The problem has been solved.
> In case anyone is wondering, I did not realize that activemq used the
> jar files within the lib directory. I thought it was using the
> snapshot jar (which it wasn't).
> Copying the snapshot jar to the lib folder solved everything.

Ah cool thanks for letting us know

> My new question is this:
> How do I control which jaas jars are loaded by the activemq script?

The activemq script loads whatever's in the lib directory. If you want
something more clever you could always write your own bootstrap of the
broker as its just plain Java

--

James
-------

Re: JAAS problems

Posted by Sepand M <se...@gmail.com>.
Hello all,

Re: JAAS problems

Re: JAAS problems

Posted by Sepand M <se...@gmail.com>.
Ok. Here's an update:
I have started with a clean build and found the least changes that
will cause problems.
I will give an outline of all of my steps:

Clean checkout: svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk

Re: JAAS problems

Posted by Sepand M <se...@gmail.com>.
One other thing I should add: