Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> on 2003/09/18 10:10:09 UTC

communication method (Was: obfuscate email addresses)

David Crossley dijo:
> Another related issue is when people reply to the cvs commit log emails.
> Some people forget to clean up the reply to remove email addresses and
> other cruft.

Yep. Thanks to point out this! I already saw this, but I forgot to mention
about this. I think this is very interesting topic of dicussion around all
the cocoon projects.

>From my own experience I am sure I started got SPAM because someone
spamboted our maillists. I don't use this email address in other way, just
in apache related maillists.

Is posible to hack a little the maillist manager to ofuscate the body of
the messages?

Are other people in Apache concerned about the SPAM problem?

I think this is a very important topic to raise to the admin of the whole
ASF? What you think?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: communication method (Was: obfuscate email addresses)

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 02:10:09 -0600 (CST)
"Antonio Gallardo" <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> wrote:

> Is posible to hack a little the maillist manager to ofuscate the body of
> the messages?
>
> Are other people in Apache concerned about the SPAM problem?
>
> I think this is a very important topic to raise to the admin of the whole
> ASF? What you think?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Antonio Gallardo

I agree. Let's try.

I have been doing many things related to the infrastructure
and spam issues on apache.org for a while. However, there're
many rooms to be improved, I guess.

--

By the way, I recommend you (those who have xml-site karma)
to append (OR CREATE robots.txt file and PUT into the CVS)

Cheers,

__ Tetsuya <te...@apache.org> __