Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> on 2006/07/07 23:20:27 UTC

Is a Sortable required to be enclosed in ?

Must a <t:dataTable> be enclosed in a <f:form> for sorting to work?

This is my experience with Tomahawk 1.1.3, but it I does no appear to be
document!

Below is an example of a data table with 2 sortable columns.
<h:form>
   <t:dataTable value="#{list.entries}" var="row" >
     <t:column sortable="true" sortPropertyName="col1">
       <f:facet name="header">
         <h:outputLabel value="Col 1" />
       </f:facet>
       <h:outputText value="#{row.col1}" />
     </t:column>
     <t:column sortable="true" sortPropertyName="col2">
       <f:facet name="header">
         <h:outputLabel value="Col 2" />
       </f:facet>
       <h:outputText value="#{row.col2}" />
     </t:column>
   </t:dataTable>
</h:form>

BTW: This is a great feature that was added in 1.1.3! Thank you to the
developers

Paul Spencer

Re: Is a Sortable required to be enclosed in ?

Posted by Catalin Kormos <ca...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, when you enable sorting on the dataTable the columns headers become links, so, the enclosing <h:form> is needed. Check out [1] for more information and alternative. The code snippet you provided should work though, isn't it working?

Thanks for the kind words,
Catalin

[1] - http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Upgrading_to_Tomahawk_1.1.3

Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> wrote: Must a  be enclosed in a  for sorting to work?

This is my experience with Tomahawk 1.1.3, but it I does no appear to be
document!

Below is an example of a data table with 2 sortable columns.

BTW: This is a great feature that was added in 1.1.3! Thank you to the
developers

Paul Spencer

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls.  Great rates starting at 1ยข/min.