Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Blade Liu <ha...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/16 11:38:16 UTC

Questions of KV mapping for a single row

Hi folks,

I feel a little confused about KV mapping. Suppose there are two inserts,
(t, row1,cf1, column1)->v1, (t, row1, cf1, column2)->v2.

Does it indicate one row corresponds to multiple KV mappings?

get(t, row1) will sequentially scan adjacent KV records who row is row1(if
they are adjacent), and performance seems downgraded as it has to return
multiple records.

Many thanks for your clarifications.

Cheers,
Blade

Re: Questions of KV mapping for a single row

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
One row can contain multiple KeyValues.

Did you observe performance degradation on your cluster ?

Cheers