Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Alex Greif <al...@greifdesign.net> on 2013/08/09 11:13:53 UTC

rivet 2.1.x with tcl 8.6 in production environment

Hi,

is ist currently advisable to use rivet 2.1 with tcl 8.6.0,
or better go with a stable 8.5 for a production environment?

thanks,
Alex.

Re: rivet 2.1.x with tcl 8.6 in production environment

Posted by Harald Oehlmann <ha...@elmicron.de>.
Am 09.08.2013 17:06, schrieb Massimo Manghi:
> is there some specific issue with 8.6 holding back a transition?

I am using tcl8.6 and that is ok for production.
AKAIK there is no reason not to use it.

I am personally in the opinion that if we do not use new software, it
never gets better and we let others do the community job.

The biggest issue, I had is at the end of this wiki page:
http://wiki.tcl.tk/22115

Enjoy,
Harald

Re: rivet 2.1.x with tcl 8.6 in production environment

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.
is there some specific issue with 8.6 holding back a transition?

  -- Massimo

Posted by Jeff Lawson <je...@bovine.net>.

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.