Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Wei Zhong <we...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/09 14:09:52 UTC

[DISCUSS] FLIP-114: Support Python UDF in SQL Client

Hi everyone,

I would like to start discussion about how to support Python UDF in SQL Client.

Flink Python UDF(FLIP-58[1]) has already been introduced in the release of 1.10.0 and the support for SQL DDL is introduced in FLIP-106[2].

SQL Client defines UDF via the environment file and has its own CLI implementation to manage dependencies, but neither of which supports Python UDF. We want to introduce the support of Python UDF for SQL Client, including the registration and the dependency management of Python UDF.

Here is the design doc:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-114%3A+Support+Python+UDF+in+SQL+Client

Looking forward to your feedback!

Best,
Wei

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-58%3A+Flink+Python+User-Defined+Stateless+Function+for+Table
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-106%3A+Support+Python+UDF+in+SQL+Function+DDL

Re: [DISCUSS] FLIP-114: Support Python UDF in SQL Client

Posted by Hequn Cheng <he...@apache.org>.
Hi Wei,

Thanks a lot for the proposal! +1 for the VOTE.

Best,
Hequn

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>.