Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2008/04/02 11:37:59 UTC

changes in JIRA

Hi folks,

I went on a bit of a cleanup mission as I wanted to get a few things
into 1.2. My intent was to take care of the things that have been the
biggest pain-points on vmbuild, and am looking to work on a few
myself. I knew most of them were already filed, and I wanted to
cleanup the 300+ issues in Future/Unscheduled. I also added the "low
hanging fruit" to 1.2 (patches, NPEs, things that just need
verification). It ended up quite a long list (and I'm still going). I
may push some out again afterwards.

Hopefully I've cleaned out a decent amount of old issues. 1.x should
now be the things that can feasibly fixed/added, Future is beyond 2.0.

I wanted to suggest we set a month attempt at these issues, and push
out anything not done in that time. WDYT?

Sorry for the issues@ SPAM :)

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: changes in JIRA

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2008/4/2, Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>  > Ok, I'm done :)
>  >
>  > The good news: I closed over 100 out of date/duplicate issues.
>  >
>  > The bad news: the number of fixes for 1.2 went from 25 to 113. Some of
>  > these are things I want that I'm hoping to take a stab at, some have
>  > patches, some just need a quick review. We could probably get that down
>  > pretty quickly with a few volunteers :) But if not, many could easily be cut
>  > to 1.3. But it seems a lot easier to find things now.

Thanks ! Brett.

> I'll look at them.
>

>  >
>  > 1.x are things I consider to still be real issues and feature requests
>  > that we should look to slot in to future versions.
>  >
>  > I was thinking that each release could be associated with one
>  > architectural change on the way to 2.0 (1.2 introduces Spring, 1.3 JPA, 1.4
>  > workflow). And along the way we kill off the annoyances and bugs first and
>  > focus on continuing to make Continuum bullet proof and easy to use.
>

> it was exactly my discussion with Olivier yesterday :)

Nice :-)

Re: changes in JIRA

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.

Re: changes in JIRA