Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2007/10/24 21:08:32 UTC

Re: CORBA Question

Daniel Kulp wrote:
> Steve,
>
> On Friday 21 September 2007, James, Steven wrote:
>> Not sure yet if this is the best mail group to ask this question but
>> it's a start.
>
> I'm CCing the yoko-dev group.   They have written plugins into CXF (and
> some idl <-> wsdl tooling) that allow some level of CORBA support.
> Using the CXF JAX-WS api's, you can expose a service as a CORBA service
> or use the CXF clients to talk to a CORBA service.  I don't know the
> full details of what is and is not supported.  You'd have to ask them or
> check their docs/website/wiki.

FYI we've done that for Axis2 as well- a fully dynamic
serializer/deserializer that takes Axiom and goes in and out of IIOP. The
result is that we can post any CORBA object as a Web service and auto
generate WSDL etc..

The code is committed but is undergoing some changes to make it work under
the Axis2 client API as well - so you can point to a WSDL with a CORBA
binding and have the right stuff get wired in so that you can talk to it
using the ServiceClient API. (We're basically bringing all WSIF
functionality under the Axis2 APIs.)

Eranga Jayasundera (cc'ed) implemented this and is working now to finish
the client side too with Deepal Jayasinghe (one of the main axis2
committers). An article about this implementation will be ready soon too.
(Eranga did this for his MSc thesis for which I was the supervisor ..
which is my connection to this.)

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.