Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by MitchK <mi...@web.de> on 2010/03/31 10:28:56 UTC

Search accross more than one field (dismax) ignored

Hello community,

it seems like the query parser ignores any other field to search on. The
only one that is not ignored is the standardSearchField.

My search-url:
select/?q=video&qt=dismax&qf=titleMain^2.0+titleShort^5.3&debugQuery=on

The parsedquerystring etc.:
--------------------------
<str name="rawquerystring">video</str>
<str name="querystring">video</str>
−
<str name="parsedquery">
+DisjunctionMaxQuery((titleMain:video^2.0)~0.01)
DisjunctionMaxQuery((titleMain:video^2.0)~0.01)
</str>
−
<str name="parsedquery_toString">
+(titleMain:video^2.0)~0.01 (titleMain:video^2.0)~0.01
</str>

--------------------------

My solrconfig for the dismax handler:

  <requestHandler name="dismax" class="solr.SearchHandler" >
    <lst name="defaults">
     <str name="defType">dismax</str>
     <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
     <float name="tie">0.01</float>
     <str name="qf">
        titleMain^2.5 titleShort^1.9 descriptionMain^2.0
descriptionExcerpt^1.5
     </str>
     <str name="pf">
        titleMain^2.0 titleShort^1.2 descriptionMain^1.2
descriptionExcerpt^1.1
     </str>
     <str name="fl">
        ID,title,score
     </str>
     <str name="mm">
        2&lt;-1 5&lt;-2 6&lt;90%
     </str>
     <int name="ps">10</int>
     <str name="q.alt">*:*</str>
  </lst>

Every field mentioned above is set to indexed=true in the schema.xml.

Even when I do not query against the dismax-requestHandler, a search accross
more than one field seems to fail.

Any suggestions where you would search for the error are welcome.

- Mitch

Re: Search accross more than one field (dismax) ignored

Posted by MitchK <mi...@web.de>.
Hoss,

thank you for responsing. This behaviour was caused by an unexpected
behaviour of the RessourceLoader caused by an utf-8-BOM encodet file.
I have mentioned this in another thread on the mail-list, sorry for forget
to say this also here.

Kind regards

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: select/?q=video&qt=dismax&qf=titleMain^2.0+titleShort^5.3&debugQuery=on
: <str name="parsedquery_toString">
: +(titleMain:video^2.0)~0.01 (titleMain:video^2.0)~0.01
: </str>
: My solrconfig for the dismax handler:

..what about schema.xml? ... what do the field (and corrisponding
fieldtype) for titleShort look like?

: Even when I do not query against the dismax-requestHandler, a search accross
: more than one field seems to fail.

please be explict: provide an example and define "fail" (error page? no
results? incorrect results? ... what are we talking baout in this case)

-Hoss