Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Leo Donahue - RDSA IT <Le...@mail.maricopa.gov> on 2013/05/07 17:26:57 UTC

server jvm

Installing Tomcat 7.0.39 using the service.bat will pick up the server jvm.dll located in the jdk directory, but now that there is a separate download for a server jre at 7u21, should we be using that instead?

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

Or use the new "Server JRE" at 7u21 that is now a separate download.

Leo

RE: server jvm

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Leo Donahue - RDSA IT [mailto:LeoDonahue@mail.maricopa.gov]
> Subject: server jvm

> now that there is a separate download for a server jre at 7u21, should we
> be using that instead?

It looks like the "Server JRE" is somewhere in between a JDK and traditional JRE.  It is 64-bit only, but includes some of the tools normally present only in the JDK download.  As far as the JVM itself, the 64-bit server versions are identical in all the downloads.

 - Chuck