Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/26 17:45:46 UTC

TomEE WARNING: Injection data not found in JNDI context: jndiName

FYI

I just wanted to share this (my experience). stayed up all night
writing/adding some new software to my app, well, basically changing a few
things around and introducing a @Singleton @Lock(WRITE) along with some
code that references the bean that contains code that once lived in CDI
@ApplicationScoped bean. :)

Anyway, I moved two beans from one package to a new/more-appropriate
package on the 'development server'. When I finally deployed to production
server last night, I was experiencing some unexpected/unwanted behavior
during runtime, I kept getting a NullPointerException and it did not make
any sense at all.

I then, looked at the log, and recognized the following exception:

Mar 26, 2013 3:06:00 AM org.apache.openejb.cdi.CdiResourceInjectionService
fillInjectionProperties
WARNING: Injection data not found in JNDI context:
jndiName='comp/env/pf.ApplicationScopeBean/gCalUtil',
target=pf.ApplicationScopeBean/gCalUtil

and then I searched yesterday's log file, and did not see that error at
all, so evidently it was related to the software changes i made throughout
the night.

And then I 'remembered' that I needed to remove the objects from the old
package on the production server. There were two copies on the production
server; in the new package, and in the old package. My bad. :)