Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Steve Jovanovic <st...@noumenaut.com> on 2003/04/17 11:00:06 UTC

ANN: Struts 1.1 Boot Camp

Hello,

Would you like to learn Struts 1.1 in a structured environment lead by
lecturers?

 I'd like to invite you to join a new Yahoo groups mailing list
dedicated for that purpose. You can find it at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/struts-boot-camp/  Please sign up if
you're interested and we'll get going in a few days (as I write, it's 17
Apr 2003).

The game plan is to post a syllabus and lecture materials to a web site
that will be indicated on the syllabus. Lectures will be given once a
week for ten consecutive weeks based on the lecture materials. They will
be presented on IRC (server: noumenaut.com, default port, channel
#struts) at a time to be determined. Each lecture will include an
assignment for students to complete over the course of the week
following the lecture. By the time that the lectures are completed, you
should have all of the knowledge that you need to create a
straightforward Struts application.

It is assumed that you already know the Servlet 2.3 API and JSP 1.2
specification. If you have either passed the SCWCD exam or know enough
to pass it, you're in good shape. No prior knowledge of Struts is
required. This is a "from scratch" boot camp to get you up to speed with
Struts 1.1. It is also assumed that you will work hard to master the
material. "Focus means saying 'no'!" - Steve Jobs. Make the decision to
learn Struts 1.1, say no to distractions, and in ten weeks, you'll
succeed!

If you know anyone else who might benefit from this boot camp, please
feel free to forward this message to them and invite them to join the
group. Note, however, that depending on the number of lecturers that we
have and their availability, we may need to restrict the group size in
order to ensure that everyone who does the assignments gets all of the
attention that they need.

Thanks, and welcome!

Steve

Noumenaut Studios