Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org> on 2023/01/11 15:29:44 UTC

Thoughts on an Apache OpenNLP 2.1.1 release

Hi everyone,

Since the last release (2.1.0) back in November, we have had 56 closed Jira
tickets. Scrolling through them, I see lots of improvements to
documentation, Javadocs, tests, code quality, refactoring, and a few minor
fixes.

Because I don't see any new features, I would like to propose a release
vote for OpenNLP 2.1.1. I'm super excited that the project is in a position
to consider another release and a big thanks to everyone who contributed!

If I'm overlooking anything that would warrant a 2.2.0 release instead of
2.1.1 please let me know! Here's the Jira query for the current changes in
2.1.1:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP-1320?jql=project%20%3D%20OPENNLP%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.1.1%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20updated%20DESC

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: Thoughts on an Apache OpenNLP 2.1.1 release

Posted by Martin Wiesner <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Jeff et al.,

here's my +1 on releasing "2.1.1" soon.

Maybe, we can include the PR for OPENNLP-1441 I opened minutes ago.
If something quality-related should be left in order to get out a consistent release, please let me know or open a Jira. I'll see what I can contribute.

IMHO, the "Logging" topic (see other thread on the dev list) might be a part of the next release (2.1.2 or 2.2.0). I would, in any case, be open for having this change in 2.1.1 as well; I'll leave it to @rzo1 and others to draft and decide when to target this.

Best
Martin

Posted by Martin Wiesner <ma...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Richard Zowalla <rz...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bruno Kinoshita <ki...@apache.org>.

Posted by Richard Zowalla <rz...@apache.org>.
Hi Jeff,

Posted by Bruno Kinoshita <ki...@apache.org>.
We are getting a lot of great contributions, and the sooner we release it
the better IMO, to get it out to be tested and to get feedback, as well as
create a milestone for further work.

So +1!

Thanks Jeff

Bruno