Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by xeye <xe...@mail.ru> on 2008/06/19 15:04:48 UTC

simple-frontend can't configure rpc-style

Hi,

I have my service configured with simple-frontend :

<simple:server id="pojoservice"
				 serviceClass="xxx.GamesService"
  				 address="/GamesService"
  				 serviceName="t:GamesService"
  				 xmlns:t="http://www.com/Games">

  	<simple:binding><soap:soapBinding style="rpc"
use="encoded"/></simple:binding>

  	<simple:serviceBean>
  		<bean class="xxx.GamesServiceImpl" />
  	</simple:serviceBean>

but resulting wsdl soapbinding is document/literal

am I doing anything in a wrong way?

Re: simple-frontend can't configure rpc-style

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Just dug through the code and this doesn't work due to a bug.   :-(

First off:  the "use=encoded" stuff won't work at all.   We don't
support encoded at all and have several places where "literal" is
injected in.  That kind of a "clean up eventually" thing, but it's
quite a bit of work to track down them all and since we don't
currently support encoded, it hasn't been a priority.

For the "style", what is set in the soapBinding configuration is
overridden with what is specified in the ServiceConfigurations.   The
query to the ServiceConfiguration is returning "document" by default
so the rpc is getting overridden.    I have a fix for that that I'm
testing, but that won't make it until 2.1.2.     The only workaround
right now is to write a subclass of AbstractServiceConfiguration that
overrides the getStyle() call to return "rpc" and configure that in.

Dan

On Jun 19, 2008, at 9:04 AM, xeye wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have my service configured with simple-frontend :
>
> <simple:server id="pojoservice"
> 				 serviceClass="xxx.GamesService"
>  				 address="/GamesService"
>  				 serviceName="t:GamesService"
>  				 xmlns:t="http://www.com/Games">
>
>  	<simple:binding><soap:soapBinding style="rpc"
> use="encoded"/></simple:binding>
>
>  	<simple:serviceBean>
>  		<bean class="xxx.GamesServiceImpl" />
>  	</simple:serviceBean>
>
> but resulting wsdl soapbinding is document/literal
>
> am I doing anything in a wrong way?

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org