Posted to user@hive.apache.org by ey-chih chow <ey...@hotmail.com> on 2010/07/18 04:14:23 UTC

Hive and Avro GenericRecord

I got an Avro map/reduce job that generates an output file on HDFS.  The reducer of the job is an subclass of AvroReducer<GenericRecord, GenericRecord>.  I would like to query data on the output file using Hive.  Any body knows how to define an external Hive table to do this?  Do I need to define a custom Hive column type corresponding to GenericRecord for this?  If it is, how to do this?  Thanks.
Ey-Chih

Re: Hive and Avro GenericRecord

Posted by Yang <te...@gmail.com>.
you need to define ur SerDe,