Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Henry Junyoung Kim <he...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/26 06:00:51 UTC

have you ever met this error?

Hi, hbase users.

have you ever met this kinds of errors?

2013-07-25 18:29:16,859 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.metrics.SchemaMetrics: Inconsistent configuration. Previous configuration for using table name in metrics: true, new configuration: false
2013-07-25 18:29:16,859 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.metrics.SchemaMetrics: Inconsistent configuration. Previous configuration for using table name in metrics: true, new configuration: false
2013-07-25 18:29:16,859 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.metrics.SchemaMetrics: Inconsistent configuration. Previous configuration for using table name in metrics: true, new configuration: false

AIK, this errors are from hbase configurations(hbase-site.xml).

  <property>
    <name>hbase.metrics.showTableName</name>
    <value>true</value>
    <description>Whether to include the prefix "tbl.tablename" in per-column family metrics.
      If true, for each metric M, per-cf metrics will be reported for tbl.T.cf.CF.M, if false,
      per-cf metrics will be aggregated by column-family across tables, and reported for cf.CF.M.
      In both cases, the aggregated metric M across tables and cfs will be reported.
    </description>
  </property>

this property is also defined in hbase-default.xml.
the important thing is both file set the value as true.

I don't who set this property to false!! who did override it?
any helps?

Re: have you ever met this error?

Posted by Henry JunYoung Kim <he...@gmail.com>.
Only a single time when after restarting region servers.

After logging it, never happen again!!

Actually, this one seems not to be important. We can skip it by setting the
property to false.

Just wondering who is overriding it beyond the dark side. :)
 2013. 7. 26. 오후 1:22에 "Ted Yu" <yu...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.