Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/27 14:34:55 UTC

HiveServer2 client for C++ and Python

hi folks,

I noticed impyla and hs2client mentioned on

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/Impala+Connectors

It's my intent to "adopt" the hs2client C++ library into Apache Arrow
and eventually ship this as part of the Python library pyarrow. I
started working on this here:

https://github.com/apache/arrow/tree/master/cpp/src/arrow/dbi/hiveserver2

Hopefully this will eventually lead to decommissioning impyla
altogether, which has not been maintained by Apache Impala and is both
slow and buggy.

It would be great to have a first-rate C++ and Python client for HS2,
with excellent fetch performance (where Arrow will help with this) and
good support for SSL and Kerberos. I hope to collaborate with the
Impala community on this.

best
Wes

Re: HiveServer2 client for C++ and Python

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.
Sounds great!