Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com> on 2018/05/23 08:19:19 UTC

Re: Minified Javascript in source releases (was Re: [VOTE] ReleaseApache ECharts (incubating) 4.1.0.rc3)

>>... Do people think it OK to include minified JS in a source release if:
>> 1. It's ASF developed code and the full unminified source code is included
>> as well.

+1, and I suggest you could provide a document to help people, who want to verify the minified js. Such as: how to generate the minified js from the unminified source code.

------------------
Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking

From:  "Bertrand Delacretaz"<bd...@codeconsult.ch>;
Date:  Wed, May 23, 2018 04:10 PM
To:  "Incubator General"<ge...@incubator.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: Minified Javascript in source releases (was Re: [VOTE] ReleaseApache ECharts (incubating) 4.1.0.rc3)

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 6:16 AM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 2:52 AM Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>
> wrote:
>>... Do people think it OK to include minified JS in a source release if:
>> 1. It's ASF developed code and the full unminified source code is included
>> as well.
>>
> Absolutely...

Same here, as long as there's a documented way (automated ideally) of
recreating the minified version, people can find out themselves that
it's the correct version, if they want to check.

-Bertrand