Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io> on 2016/04/28 17:19:01 UTC

Can we add this to Apache Community Calendar: [virtual] MADlib Community Call - "Deeper Dive on 1.9" - Thurs, May 5, 9AM Pacific

Greetings general Apache Community,

The Apache MADlib (incubating) community is celebrating its new GA release
with an awesome virtual meeting with deep dive demos.  We'd love anyone who
loves data science to join us.

Please add this to the general calendar, or I'm happy to do so if I have
the karma.

-Greg

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2 May 2016, Greg Chase wrote:
> I'm not a member of ComDev PMC, but always happy to help if you need more
> "community geeks".

We could always use more community folks!

> Based on other responses, it sounds like I just need to do a better job of
> promoting virtual events in advance.  I've been running about 1 week ahead
> for my communities' own newsgroups.
>
> I'm not exactly sure what to do for the other calendar since these events
> are entirely virtual, and not currently promoted on any central calendar
> other than my employer's own open source community calendar.

It sounds like these could be a good candidate for including in the weekly
"upcoming meetups" email and tweet. If you're already got a nicely curated
list, we might even be able to pull it into the generation app as-is

Most of the folks currently looking after that app are a bit snowed under
this close to ApacheCon. If you can add in an import from your stuff to
the app now, great! If not, hopefully one of them can take a look in a few
weeks time

Nick

Posted by Greg Chase <gr...@gregchase.com>.

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.