Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by blafrisch <mi...@swype.com> on 2011/11/11 17:57:07 UTC

Restoring 0.8 ring in new cluster says nodes have the same token

Right now I'm trying to restore an existing ring's snapshots from around the
same time to create a new ring to test on.  Both rings have 5 nodes and the
original ring is perfectly balanced, each node owns 20%.  The problem that I
am running into at the moment is that the nodes are claiming to have the
same token even though they do not in the original ring.

Original ring tokens:
0
34028236692093846346337460743176821145
68056473384187692692674921486353642291
102084710076281539039012382229530463436
136112946768375385385349842972707284582

Whenever I restore the snapshots of both my keyspace and the system
keyspace:
0
34028236692093846346337460743176821145
34028236692093846346337460743176821145
102084710076281539039012382229530463436
136112946768375385385349842972707284582

Is there any reason the 2nd and third nodes would have the same token?

Re: Restoring 0.8 ring in new cluster says nodes have the same token

Posted by blafrisch <mi...@swype.com>.
I figured it out.  If I started node 2 first and used that as the seed for
the rest then the ring formed correctly.  I guess the ring information
stored in the LocationInfo CF of node 1 was wrong.

For future information, when does this information get updated?  All of the
nodes have different ring information in the LocationInfo CF.  That seems
wrong.