Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by mel-hustler <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2007/09/28 11:19:32 UTC

Struts-Populating data in JSP

Hi,
I am new to struts.

I have retrieved the data in the ResultSet in the Action class, which gets
retrieved fine,

Now I want to display this data on the view.jsp page.

MyAction class is:
public class ViewItemAction extends Action implements Serializable{
	public ViewItemAction () {
		System.out.println("Getting request Action 'View Item' Instantiated");
	}
	public ActionForward perform(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
			HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
			throws IOException, ServletException, SQLException, Exception {

			System.out.println("inside perform");

			EnterRecpietHandler erh=new EnterRecpietHandler();

			ResultSet rs=erh.getData();

			java.util.List resultsList =new ArrayList();

			System.out.println("Checkxx");

			while ( rs.next()==true ){

				ResultRecpietForm resultBean = new ResultRecpietForm();

				resultBean.setItem(rs.getString("item"));

				resultBean.setPrice(String.valueOf(rs.getFloat("price")));

			    resultsList.add(resultBean);

			}
		request.setAttribute("resultsList",resultsList);

		return mapping.findForward("sucess");
	}
}
"sucess" is mapped to view.jsp in strut-config-xml file

view.jsp is:
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>

<head>
<title>List</title>
</head>

<c:forEach var="result" items="${requestScope.resultsList}">
</c:forEach>

Re: Struts-Populating data in JSP

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/9/28, mel-hustler <ja...@yahoo.com>:

> Hi,
> I am new to struts.

Ask this kind of questions in the Struts Users mailing list:
http://struts.apache.org/mail.html
Anyway I notice that you are *very* new to Struts 1, so I suggest you to
read some tutorial:
http://struts.apache.org/1.3.8/userGuide/index.html

Antonio