Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2002/03/08 02:01:40 UTC

t3 compile issues

The commons-http.jar is missing from the update-jars and there was a problem
with the spelling of one of the .jar files as well (I fixed that).

Before you check in code, PLEASE TEST IT.

-jon

Re: t3 compile issues

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
The error was my fault.  My only defense is that I was trying to fix
things quickly that were already broken, it took longer than I would
have liked.  I wanted to get what I had checked in as I did have things
compiling again, before taking a short break.

The original problem was not that obvious either and could have gone
un-noticed as it seemed to be affecting my working copy of scarab while
others were still able to build.

john mcnally

Re: t3 compile issues

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 3/7/02 7:00 PM, "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@zenplex.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 20:01, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
>> The commons-http.jar is missing from the update-jars and there was a problem
>> with the spelling of one of the .jar files as well (I fixed that).
>>
>> Before you check in code, PLEASE TEST IT.
>
> That why there is now a testbed. I wasn't having any problems and I
> believe Jeff and James tested it as well.

One the the .jar files was named totally wrong, so it definitely wouldn't
have worked...

<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-turbine-3/deps.list.diff?r1=1.9&r
2=1.10>

> In my lib.repo I have httpclient.jar, in my t3 HEAD, and that's the JAR
> up on the site.
>
> What was the error?

John uploaded the .jar file.

-jon

Re: t3 compile issues

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 20:01, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> The commons-http.jar is missing from the update-jars and there was a problem
> with the spelling of one of the .jar files as well (I fixed that).
>
> Before you check in code, PLEASE TEST IT.

That why there is now a testbed. I wasn't having any problems and I
believe Jeff and James tested it as well.

In my lib.repo I have httpclient.jar, in my t3 HEAD, and that's the JAR
up on the site.

What was the error?

> -jon

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: t3 compile issues

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> writes:

> On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 20:01, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> > The commons-http.jar is missing from the update-jars and there was a problem
>> with the spelling of one of the .jar files as well (I fixed that).
>
> It is listed as httpclient.jar, we didn't use a common name which was
> the gotcha. I definitely think Morgan's versioning document should come
> into effect asap in conjunction with naming the correctly :-) The one's
> with incorrect names are my fault.

httpclient.jar != commons-http.jar

Commons Http is a new Sandbox project for HTTP utility code.

Re: t3 compile issues

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.

--
jvz.