Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Valery Ciareszka <va...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/18 14:31:57 UTC

Security Groups in Advanced mode

Hi people,

Does anybody know how security groups could be enabled in advanced
networking mode ?

Official documentation at
http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.0-incubating/html/Installation_Guide/security-groups.html
 says:

11.7.3. Enabling Security Groups
> In order for security groups to function in a zone, the security groups
> feature must first be enabled for the zone. The administrator can do this
> when creating a new zone, by selecting a network offering that includes
> security groups. The procedure is described in Basic Zone Configuration in
> the Advanced Installation Guide.

I can see option to choose network offering in basic mode:
http://thesuki.org/png/2012/12/cloudstack/cs_basic.png

But there is not such option in advanced mode:
http://thesuki.org/png/2012/12/cloudstack/cs_adv.png

I can see shared offering with security groups in network offerings:
http://thesuki.org/png/2012/12/cloudstack/cs_noff.png

But when I try to add shared network to zone, there is no option to select
network offering with security groups:
http://thesuki.org/png/2012/12/cloudstack/cs_guest.png

I've figured out that

>  In CloudStack 3.0.3 - 3.0.5, security groups are supported only in zones
> that use basic networking.

So are security groups supported in Cloudstack 4.0  or  I am trying to
break the brick wall with my head in vain :) ?
If they are not supported, how could I prevent ip spoofing on the guest VMs
within one shared network segment ?

Thanks.

Valery

http://protocol.by/slayer

RE: Security Groups in Advanced mode

Posted by Anthony Xu <Xu...@citrix.com>.
This feature is not in yet,
Will be in within one month.

Anthony

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Anthony Xu <Xu...@citrix.com> wrote:
> Will be released in Byron,
>
> Anthony

To clarify, Byron is a code-name for a commercial release of Citrix
CloudPlatform.

The Apache CloudStack release that this is targeted for is
4.1.0-incubating.  We are scheduled to release it around the end of
March.

More details can be found on the 4.1 release wiki page here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+4.1+Release

-chip

Posted by Anthony Xu <Xu...@citrix.com>.
Will be released in Byron,