Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Jackman <Da...@fastsearch.com> on 2005/11/21 18:33:23 UTC

[m2] Is this correct behavior for optional dependency?

Based on my reading of the docs and the mail archives, adding
<optional>true</optional> to a dependency should affect other projects
that depend on my project, but not affect the building of my own
project.  Is that true?  Right now, I'm seeing otherwise.  If I mark a
dependency as optional, then it's not included in my own project build,
and therefore the compilation fails.

..David..

Re: [m2] Is this correct behavior for optional dependency?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I think this may have been fixed in 2.0.1 - check JIRA for an existing
issue first.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
You are right, could you please file an issue and attach an use case
where it doesn't work?