Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Nathan Fiedler <nf...@geoworks.com> on 2002/01/09 19:42:46 UTC

proxy record with cookies

Has anyone gotten the proxy recorder to work with cookies? I've tried
every reasonable arrangement of ThreadGroup, Proxy Server, Cookie
Manager, Header Manager, and Simple Controller. All I want to do is
record a simple session between the browser and our server. The server
supports HTTP 1.1 and prefers to set the session id as a cookie.
Unfortunately, it seems the proxy server does not understand this and
the session ends up in the recorded URLs. I really need for it not to do
that and use the cookies like a browser would.

BTW, the Header Manager is there to provide the User-Agent header of
"Mozilla/4.79 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.4.17 i686)" but it seems the proxy
server insists on sending "Java1_3_1" instead.

nathan

Re: proxy record with cookies

Posted by tmadillo <tm...@wanadoo.fr>.
Hello,
I have the same pb with the cookies.
How works the cookie manager,

sorry but I have not the time to read the code,
if I can have a solution easily?
I have read that  it may be something wrong with jdk 1.3 ?

I want to test a server using https and cookies,
and, if all is ok with jsse and jre 1.3, I can use cookies.

Thanks for all information or solution,

ThM
tmadillo@idocw.com
http://www.idocw.com