Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Marcel Dullaart <md...@epo.org> on 2005/05/12 11:43:51 UTC

Mime type in portlet descriptor

Hi all,

Is it anyway possible in portlet code, to retrieve the mimetype(s)
supported by the portlet from the portlet descriptor?

Just before calling RenderResponse.setContentType(), I'd like to check if
the mime type to be set is supported.

Thanx,
Marcel

Re: Mime type in portlet descriptor

Posted by Marcel Dullaart <md...@epo.org>.
Hi Stefan, thanx for your answer.

Too bad there is no API for this. And no I do not know the MIME types
because I do not code the deployment descriptor.
I am creating a framework to ease the devlopmemnt of portlet applications.
One of teh things it does is setting the mime type.
Now I wanted to check the mime type to make sure I set it to something
applicable and prevent exceptions being thrown.

Marcel

Posted by Stefan Hepper <st...@apache.org>.