Posted to user@river.apache.org by Mike Morris <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/02 15:12:22 UTC

Who manages jini.org?

Who is running jini.org currently?

While trying to register as a user, I get the following error:

"Internal error

Set $wgShowExceptionDetails = true; in LocalSettings.php to show
detailed debugging information."

--
mike morris :: mikro2nd (at) gmail (dot) com

http://mikro2nd.net/
http://mikro2nd.net/blog/planb/
http://mikro2nd.net/blog/mike/

This email is [X]bloggable [ ]ask-first [ ]private

Re: Who manages jini.org?

Posted by Mike Morris <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Jeff Ramsdale wrote:

> You're more than welcome to help out with Jini.org. If you're thinking
> of doing anything substantial you might join the list we have set up
> for wiki maintainers:

My ideas are not too concrete yet... I was thinking along the lines of
(e.g.) a release checklist, maybe try and encourage developing a
patterns catalogue,...

> Historically, however, the Jini community
> has not been a chatty bunch

Well aware of that ;-) I think it is one of the things that perhaps
bother the Apache folk looking in on the incubation process... we don't
look like a very "live" project.

Re: Who manages jini.org?

Posted by Jeff Ramsdale <je...@gmail.com>.
Hey Mike,

You're more than welcome to help out with Jini.org. If you're thinking
of doing anything substantial you might join the list we have set up
for wiki maintainers:
<http://www.jini.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists#Jini-site>.

I predicted when Apache River was created that we'd have trouble
maintaining two sites, but there was a sense that the River site
should stick to Apache River topics while Jini.org could better cover
the larger Jini community. Historically, however, the Jini community
has not been a chatty bunch, ostensibly for reasons of competitive
advantage. Would be great if you helped change that!

-jeff

Re: Who manages jini.org?

Posted by Mike Morris <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Who manages jini.org?

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 11:50 PM, Mike Morris <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the absence of a wiki from Apache, to what extent can/should/do we use
> the jini.org site as a substitute?

Wiki at Apache is probably only a matter of asking for it. There are
even several ones to choose from (and not sure if Infrastructure has
preferences of one over another these days). I am not sure if the
www.jini.org content could be migrated/imported and whether the
www.jini.org domain could served from such Wiki. Perhaps worth
checking...

Cheers
Niclas

Re: Who manages jini.org?

Posted by Mike Morris <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff

Jeff Ramsdale wrote:
> Jim Hurley and I do. I'm not sure at what point your error occurred
> but I do see a user added for you. Did you attempt to log in after the
> error?

Yes, I did log in successfully.  An hour or more later I got a "confirm"
email but the link it contained led to another error (along the lines of
"your confirmation cookie may be out of date".)  Something unwell in the
mediawiki config?

Thanks for checking!

Re: Who manages jini.org?

Posted by Jeff Ramsdale <je...@gmail.com>.