Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Eric Smith <Er...@fruitcom.com> on 2002/07/22 23:27:16 UTC

Re: compiling svg's - solved

A combination of j2re1.4.1 and _not_ using my desired java option
of -Djava.awt.headless=true results in  standard and encoded raster graphic
svg's successfully rendered to pdf .

Also embedding an encoded grapic as an image node in an existing svg file
renders fine with fop.

fop rocks :)

PS Instead of the headless command option, I just pointed the
(headless) server's DISPLAY option to a machine with a valid display -
suboptimal but it works.

According to Eric Smith on Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 12:48:32AM +0200:

Re: [off-topic] headless server and Java (was Re: compiling svg's - solved)

Posted by Patrick Lanphier <pl...@artemisgroup.com>.
I have used xvfb and it worked well.

Patrick Lanphier
The Artemis Group
email: planphier@artemisgroup.com
phone: 814-235-0444
  fax: 800-582-9710
  web: http://www.artemisgroup.com

Posted by Antonio Fiol Bonnín <fi...@w3ping.com>.

Re: compiling svg's - solved

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Eric Smith wrote:
> A combination of j2re1.4.1 and _not_ using my desired java option
> of -Djava.awt.headless=true results in  standard and encoded raster graphic
> svg's successfully rendered to pdf .
Aha, I heard some rumors that headless mode is not fully operational and there
are some problems, but every time I tried it worked fine for me, probably here
is a buggy case, you can file it to sun bugparade.

You said it :)

> PS Instead of the headless command option, I just pointed the
> (headless) server's DISPLAY option to a machine with a valid display -
> suboptimal but it works.
You can also try virtual stuff - xvfb.