Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Mark Grosberg <ma...@nolab.conman.org> on 2003/11/30 07:29:34 UTC

More on configure...

Okay, this is really wierd.

I put a recent version of expat in /usr/local; I run the configure from
SVN (0.33.1) and it tells me it can't find expat. So I try adding the
"--with-expat" option with no directory. It tells me that I must supply a
directory option for "--with-expat". If I supply one
(--with-expat=/usr/local) I get an error message telling me I can not use
a directory argument with expat.

I have a funny feeling that neon's configure doesn't agree with
Subversions (but I am very ignorant of any autoconf/automake stuff and m4
in general).

So I'm stumped as to how to compile on this particular client machine
unless I build it as a server with a separate APR and all (shouldn't the
APR inside SVN supply expat?)

L8r,
Mark G.
 - Its like the phone company. It asks me to dial a 1, and then tells
   me I shouldn't dial a 1... ugh!

Re: More on configure...

Posted by Mark Grosberg <ma...@nolab.conman.org>.

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003, C. Michael Pilato wrote:

> > I put a recent version of expat in /usr/local; I run the configure from
> > SVN (0.33.1) and it tells me it can't find expat. So I try adding the
> > "--with-expat" option with no directory. It tells me that I must supply a
> > directory option for "--with-expat". If I supply one
> > (--with-expat=/usr/local) I get an error message telling me I can not use
> > a directory argument with expat.
> >
> > I have a funny feeling that neon's configure doesn't agree with
> > Subversions (but I am very ignorant of any autoconf/automake stuff and m4
> > in general).
>
> Have you considered building and installing Neon all by itself?  I
> haven't built with an in-tree Neon in ages.

Not really. I'm not a big fan of installing a dozen packages, but if
necessary. The packaging system on this particular machine is quite dated
and doesn't even handle neon.

L8r,
Mark G.
 - who posesses some odd UNIX boxen.