Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Scott Van Wart <sc...@indosoft.com> on 2006/07/21 19:51:56 UTC

Passing two fields to a custom validator

I have a custom validation routine (class mapped through
validator-rules.xml).  I'd like to be able to pass two fields to my
routine rather than just one.  Is there any way of doing this?

- Scott

Re: [OT] Link to Web Part?

Posted by Duong BaTien <du...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 14:09 -0400, Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
> Hi BaTien,
>
> You may want to have a look at this Wiki page as well:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/struts/AjaxStruts
>
> I presume your using Struts as your overall framework since you posted
> to this list :)  This page has some links and info to get you going with
> AJAX (Michael, I just noticed two images that used to be there are
> broken links now... any idea what happened?)
>
> I of course have a bias in saying AjaxParts Taglib is a good choice :)
> But there are plenty of excellent alternatives (DWR, Dojo and Prototype
> to name probably the top ones), so you'll have some fun playing with
> them all :)
>
> Frank

Thanks Frank. Yes i know. I also look at Dojo and Facelets on the
client-side tree.

Regards

BaTien

Re: [OT] Link to Web Part?

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.
On 7/22/06, Frank W. Zammetti <fz...@omnytex.com> wrote:
> Hi BaTien,
>
> You may want to have a look at this Wiki page as well:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/struts/AjaxStruts
>
> I presume your using Struts as your overall framework since you posted
> to this list :)  This page has some links and info to get you going with
> AJAX (Michael, I just noticed two images that used to be there are
> broken links now... any idea what happened?)

http://wiki.apache.org/struts/AjaxStruts?action=diff&rev2=2&rev1=1
Additions are marked like this.
Line 14:
[file://www.crackwillow.com/ajax-1.png Click here to see Ajax Architecture One]
[file://www.crackwillow.com/ajax-2.png Click here to see Ajax Architecture Two]

http://www.crackwillow.com/
Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at www.crackwillow.com.

Frank, I uploaded copies of these images.

Re: [OT] Link to Web Part?

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
Hi BaTien,

Duong BaTien wrote:
> Thanks Ted. Yes, i start to wet my feet with ajax. There are so many
> things to catch up.
>
> BaTien
>

> On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 12:38 -0400, Ted Husted wrote:
>> On 7/21/06, Duong BaTien <du...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I remember somewhere on this list an announcement of Web Parts in the
>>> sourceforg.net (collection of various web components such as Filter,
>>> logging, etc). Do someone has a link?
>> Rick Reumann also posted an article about using Web Parts
>>
>> * http://www.learntechnology.net/struts-ajax-crud.do
>>
>> For a complete list of links to everything Struts, visit Struts Central.
>>
>> * http://www.StrutsCentral.net/
>>
>> HTH, Ted.

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect
Omnytex Technologies
http://www.omnytex.com
AIM: fzammetti
Yahoo: fzammetti
MSN: fzammetti@hotmail.com
Java Web Parts -
http://javawebparts.sourceforge.net

Re: [OT] Link to Web Part?

Posted by Duong BaTien <du...@gmail.com>.

Re: [OT] Link to Web Part?

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: [OT] Link to Web Part?

Posted by Duong BaTien <du...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Wendy and Michael. Have a good weekend. I got it.

BaTien

Re: [OT] Link to Web Part?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy

Re: [OT] Link to Web Part?

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.

This one: http://www.microsoft.com/sharepoint/server/downloads/webparts/introduction.asp
or this one: http://javawebparts.sourceforge.net/

[OT] Link to Web Part?

Posted by Duong BaTien <du...@gmail.com>.
I remember somewhere on this list an announcement of Web Parts in the
sourceforg.net (collection of various web components such as Filter,
logging, etc). Do someone has a link?

Thanks

Re: Passing two fields to a custom validator

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
All the validations packaged with Struts have the ActionForm passed to
the validation method and then they retrieve the property using
reflection:

String value = ValidatorUtils.getValueAsString(bean, field.getProperty());

So you can just get the two property values from the ActionForm in
your validation method. Take a look at the FieldChecks class to see
how Struts does it. If that doesn't help then post the xml thats
configuring your validation and the method signature.

Niall

[OT] Apologies for double post

Posted by Scott Van Wart <sc...@indosoft.com>.
I've been having trouble posting to the list.  It apparently works now
:).  Sorry folks.