Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by JD Daniels <jd...@datatrio.com> on 2004/03/10 23:24:58 UTC

Silly newbie cforms question

I am lost. I know what I want can be done.. I just don't understand how
to do it.... Here is my use case:

Rental store agreement form

Id
customer
date
repeater:
    inventory item id
    rate
    charge interval
    location

the inventory item id is a select list. What I want to do is bind each
repeater row's other values to the right values when the inventory item
id is changed. (But not read only.. the user needs to be able to change
them) And of course, load all the right ones when the agreement is
loaded up later to be edited.

Can anyone point me out to the right woo.. cforms features to accomplish
this? I feel like a 10th century scientist looking at cold fusion.......

JD

Re: Silly newbie cforms question

Posted by JD Daniels <jd...@datatrio.com>.
Hey I'll take anything.. if someone shows me an easier way to imlpement
the UI.. I'm not *that* proud :)

while I was writing back, I actually understood what you wrote... so have:

A single selection list with the id of inventory items
An add repeater button that will bind a row using the value of the
selected inventory item.
A delete repeater row button.

I like this idea much better :)

But.. once again.. how the heck do I do this?

I have xsps generating xml for all the binding, (so I can bind with
cocoon:/inventoryitem?id=variable ) ,  and I am having trouble with the
javascript inside the form definition with repeaters.

I am using flow as well.. is there a way to do this in the flow?

Thank you for the reply....

JD

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.