Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tom Bostelmann <tb...@qpass.com> on 2005/01/10 22:09:44 UTC

Maven project for a running environment?

Is anyone using Maven to create a running environment like, for
instance, CATALINA_BASE?

I was wondering if it's possible to have a project that creates a Tomcat
running environment that might look like:

conf/

logs/

shared/lib/

temp/

webapps/

Then, I'd like to have dependencies for that project be other 'war'-type
projects.  I would create a maven goal that would iterate through the
dependencies and put the artifacts in their respective places.

Is it possible?  Is it a bad idea?