Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris Cheshire <cc...@bigredwire.com> on 2004/08/18 20:39:40 UTC

[users@httpd] autoindex problem

Disclaimer:If this should go to the tomcat list please let me know
(politely), I was unsure where to start.

I am running Apache 2.0.45 (connected to tomcat 4.1.27 with mod_jk2). I
have configured a server with a few virtual hosts, with only one that I
want auto indexing to work on. This works fine as long as I have
disabled the connector to tomcat for that virtual host - apache
generates the directory listing. As soon as I enable the connector for
tomcat, apache no longer generates the directory listing, but instead
passes the request to tomcat which then returns a 404 as I have
directory listings turned off there. I want the directory listings to be
controlled by apache, not tomcat. How do I stop apache forwarding the
request to tomcat and make a directory listing?

Relevant httpd.conf entries are:

LoadModule autoindex_module modules/mod_autoindex.so

<VirtualHost *>
     <Directory {webroot}>
         Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews Includes Indexes
     </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Thanks

Chris