Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca> on 2005/11/30 03:39:35 UTC

deploying via scp - status?

I'm having the scp deployment problem that has been talked about
previously and has had several bug reports filed, though some of
those are closed.

Basically, sometimes deployment of an artifact or a site succeeds/
fails. I just keep doing it and eventually it works. Usually though,
it hangs in the upload phase, and sometimes I can't ever get it to
deploy.

[INFO] [deploy:deploy]
Uploading: scp://commons.ucalgary.ca/Library/WebServer/Documents/pub/
m2//ca/ucalgary/commons/pmgt/1.0/pmgt-1.0.pom

Then I can kill -QUIT to get a thread dump, and I think it's waiting
on a unix process (presumably the scp process) but I'm not sure.

I have the latest versions of maven-deploy-plugin and maven-release-
plugin from svn. Is it the deploy plugin at fault here? Or the wagon?
My maven install is a 2.0.1-SNAPSHOT from a few of weeks ago. Is it
worth updating that?

I'm just trying to see if it's already been fixed but I'm missing the
right components, and which components those might be.

ps.

   <distributionManagement>
     <repository>
       <id>LCCR-M2</id>
       <name>Learning Commons Code Repository</name>
       <url>scp://commons.ucalgary.ca/Library/WebServer/Documents/pub/
m2/</url>
     </repository>
     <site>
       <id>commons.ucalgary.ca</id>
       <name>Learning Commons</name>
       <url>scp://commons.ucalgary.ca/Library/WebServer/Documents/
projects/pmgt2/</url>
     </site>
   </distributionManagement>

--
Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>

Programmer/Analyst
University of Calgary

http://commons.ucalgary.ca

Re: deploying via scp - status?

Posted by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1718

Re: deploying via scp - status?

Posted by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>.
My thread dump is pretty close to that in MNG-959, but that issue has
been closed as fixed. I assume I have that fix, and yet I get the
same problem. Should I clone the issue and add the new thread dump?

On 29-Nov-05, at 8:07 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> There are two known issues of significance:
>
>  - "session is down" messages. I think there is a potential workaround
> for this, and we need to test the new jsch release.
>
>  - hanging on deploy. Not been able to reproduce though it seems to be
> most common to Mac servers. If you have the output of kill -QUIT you
> could post in a JIRA issue, that'd be very helpful.
>
> For now, we are recommending you trying scpexe:// as an alternative
> (see the website for instructions on using the external ssh commands).
>
> I would like to see these fixed by 2.0.1, but I'm not sure there
> will be time.
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> On 11/30/05, Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca> wrote:
>> I'm having the scp deployment problem that has been talked about
>> previously and has had several bug reports filed, though some of
>> those are closed.
>>
>> Basically, sometimes deployment of an artifact or a site succeeds/
>> fails. I just keep doing it and eventually it works. Usually though,
>> it hangs in the upload phase, and sometimes I can't ever get it to
>> deploy.
>>
>> [INFO] [deploy:deploy]
>> Uploading: scp://commons.ucalgary.ca/Library/WebServer/Documents/pub/
>> m2//ca/ucalgary/commons/pmgt/1.0/pmgt-1.0.pom
>>
>> Then I can kill -QUIT to get a thread dump, and I think it's waiting
>> on a unix process (presumably the scp process) but I'm not sure.
>>
>> I have the latest versions of maven-deploy-plugin and maven-release-
>> plugin from svn. Is it the deploy plugin at fault here? Or the wagon?
>> My maven install is a 2.0.1-SNAPSHOT from a few of weeks ago. Is it
>> worth updating that?
>>
>> I'm just trying to see if it's already been fixed but I'm missing the
>> right components, and which components those might be.
>>
>> Thanks,

>> ps.
>>
>>    <distributionManagement>
>>      <repository>
>>        <id>LCCR-M2</id>
>>        <name>Learning Commons Code Repository</name>
>>        <url>scp://commons.ucalgary.ca/Library/WebServer/Documents/
>> pub/
>> m2/</url>
>>      </repository>
>>      <site>
>>        <id>commons.ucalgary.ca</id>
>>        <name>Learning Commons</name>
>>        <url>scp://commons.ucalgary.ca/Library/WebServer/Documents/
>> projects/pmgt2/</url>
>>      </site>
>>    </distributionManagement>
>>

>> --