Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by xinfang <pc...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/13 23:23:33 UTC

using qmf console API get Queue info data speed much time? latency > 4 s

Now the client can using QMF/Csonole class to get Queue info data .such as
MsgEnqueuesCount,msgDequeuesCount form broker server. but the latency is
very slow.

each request will be create connection, session and queue.  and Listener the
message from broker. when get my queue data i will be callback return and
close it.

i'm not sure how to enhance the latency , we prefer the latency is less <1s
.

if qmf console cann't do that. do i need to go to implement to QMF Agent ?
does it should be faster?

Thanks

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: using qmf console API get Queue info data speed much time? latency > 4 s

Posted by xinfang <pc...@gmail.com>.
I have understand the QMF Console logic and process flow. i think if my
producer want to get real time queue info i can't uses qmf console class.

so i transfer to continue to looking at QMF Agent.  there have any way to
get a test example to uses qmf agent , i think it should be let us know the
QMF agent how to work.

I looking at examples/qmf-agent folder's files . i try to running the
qmf-agent command, it running on ChildClass* loop function. I don't know how
to do next. ......

very thanks any advice or any experience?

Posted by xinfang <pc...@gmail.com>.
thanks  now i have change the class and keep the broker and session, but
there have a problem how to close and disconnection the session. in my class
i have add this function.  but we close my class it show me
Elapsed time = 159 usec
2009-oct-14 14:26:45 warning Session was not closed cleanly
Invalid argument
*** glibc detected *** ./TestQpidControl: double free or corruption
(fasttop): 0xb5341cb8 ***
TestQpidControl: /usr/local/include/qpid/sys/posix/Mutex.h:116: void
qpid::sys::Mutex::lock(): Assertion `0' failed.
======= Backtrace: =========
Aborted

QueueInfo::~QueueInfo()
{
	Close();
	delete listener;
	delete broker;
	delete sm;
}

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
xinfang wrote:
> Now the client can using QMF/Csonole class to get Queue info data .such as
> MsgEnqueuesCount,msgDequeuesCount form broker server. but the latency is
> very slow.
>
> each request will be create connection, session and queue.  and Listener the
> message from broker. when get my queue data i will be callback return and
> close it.
>
> i'm not sure how to enhance the latency , we prefer the latency is less <1s
> .
>
> if qmf console cann't do that. do i need to go to implement to QMF Agent ?
> does it should be faster?
>
> Thanks
Once you attach a QMF session to the broker, you may make as many
requests as you like on that session.  There is no need to close and
re-open for each request.  Once the session is open, a getObjects call
can run quite quickly.  On my IBM Thinkpad, running client and broker on
the same system, I see request latencies below 100 milliseconds.

-Ted

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org