Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Kanarinka <ka...@ikatun.com> on 2002/02/21 15:59:50 UTC

Authentication Options in Xindice

Hello there,

Could somebody let me know if there are any authentication options for
Xindice? I'm looking for a simple username/password authentication
system that will disallow access to any unauthorized users.

Thanks!
Catie

RE: Authentication Options in Xindice

Posted by Kanarinka <ka...@ikatun.com>.
Thanks for the response! Any idea of estimated time frame for including
this?

On Thursday, February 21, 2002, at 07:59 AM, Kanarinka wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> Could somebody let me know if there are any authentication options for
> Xindice? I'm looking for a simple username/password authentication
> system that will disallow access to any unauthorized users.

Not yet, it's on the TODO list.

> Thanks!
> Catie

Kimbro Staken - http://www.kstaken.org - http://www.xmldatabases.org
Apache Xindice native XML database http://xml.apache.org
XML:DB Initiative http://www.xmldb.org
Senior Technologist (Your company name here)

Re: Authentication Options in Xindice

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.

Re: Store "&" - Ampersand in Xindice

Posted by "Mark J. Stang" <ma...@earthlink.net>.
Since it is XML, usually use &&.   Or put it in a CDATA which means it
will be ignored.   The problem is that the XML parsers see the & and try
and interpret it.   For instance, &lt is "<" and &gt is ">".   So when the
parser sees the "&" it is looking for another character right after it to
interpret.   Think that is bad, try embedding <mydata> in you XML,
it should come back as a malformed document also, it has no
end tag </mydata>.   If you specify CDATA, then the parser ignores
everything in the CDATA Tag.

    <![CDATA[A simple<b>note & another]]>

Mark

Posted by Benjamin Hood <be...@gmx.net>.
Try using the escape character &amp;

Researching escape characters in xml is a good to start....

Ben

Posted by "Mark J. Stang" <ma...@earthlink.net>.
I thought mine looked a little funny.   Thanks for the right answer!

Mark

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.

Store "&" - Ampersand in Xindice