Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by David Ezzio <de...@ysoft.com> on 2004/10/16 21:28:26 UTC

pageBeginRender listener called on component before its page

Hi,

I have a case, which upon examining the source cannot be infrequent,
where the component listener is called before the page listener is
called.  I understand that the listener pattern does not guarantee an
order of calls.  But, since components are logically dependent on the
context of their page, it would make sense, for my particular case, and
for the general case, I believe, for Tapestry to guarantee that the page
listeners are called first.  Does anyone disagree?  (I am open to an
education on this point.)

David

Re: pageBeginRender listener called on component before its page

Posted by "Kevin J. Menard, Jr." <ni...@negativetwenty.net>.
On Oct 16, 2004, at 3:28 PM, David Ezzio wrote:

> I have a case, which upon examining the source cannot be infrequent,
> where the component listener is called before the page listener is
> called.  I understand that the listener pattern does not guarantee an
> order of calls.  But, since components are logically dependent on the
> context of their page, it would make sense, for my particular case,
> and for the general case, I believe, for Tapestry to guarantee that
> the page listeners are called first.  Does anyone disagree?  (I am
> open to an education on this point.)

If this is the case, is there a better way to init a component after
its page has been initialized?  Perhaps prepareForRender()?

Thanks,
Kevin