Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Allen Firstenberg <pr...@addventure.com> on 2010/08/03 14:12:00 UTC

Re: [proftpd] Re: diagnosing startup problems

All I have been doing is including the FtpServer xml configuration as one of
my servers's configuration files.
I can confirm that the server object is being created, along with what looks
like some autowired framework to support it.

Once the bean is created - is there something specific I need to do to run
it?  This seems to contradict the documentation which states "you can embed
the "server" element where ever you like within you Spring configuration,
and with FtpServer on the classpath, Spring will wire up the server for
you."

Allen

Re: Re: diagnosing startup problems

Posted by Allen Firstenberg <pr...@addventure.com>.
Thanks for the pointers, David.  Between this and reviewing the archive, I
finally figured out that although the FtpServer does get created, it doesn't
get started.

Although there is an init-method for objects created with <bean>, it doesn't
appear there is for the server created with <server>.  Perhaps this is
something that should be added for a future release to give people the
option to start it at bean creation time or through their own
initialization?

Allen

Posted by David Latorre <dv...@gmail.com>.
Hello Allen,