Posted to dev@any23.apache.org by Kevin Ratnasekera <dj...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/09 13:02:32 UTC

Re: [GSoC] ANY23-249 Update all W3C and other Standards Compliance within Any23

Hi Lewis,

I am interested in participating in this year gsoc with Apache any23. I
have already setup the development environment and went through the code
base.
Do we have any priorities in updating existing parsers/extractors in Apache
any23 (Eg: - microdata etc)?
I have also gone through past year GSoC project on microformats 2 [1]
support implementation and archived mails. There I could see some possible
improvements to project as well.

There are some other project ideas [2] [3] from Apache I came across
however not tagged as for GSoC 2016. I have some previous experience with
Hazelcast and distributed programming. I went through these tickets,
however I am not fully clear use cases what we want to achieve here. I
really appreciate your thoughts on this as well.

I successfully completed GSoC 2015 with Apache Olingo [4] where I
implemented OData JSON Format for CSDL [4] specification to Odata library.
 also have open source Industry experience with WSO2 [6] which I did many
open source contributions [7].

I hope you provide me some guidance in order to proceed myself further :)
on GSoC 2016.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ANY23-207
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-279
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-409
[4]
https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/details/google/gsoc2015/djkevincr/5766466041282560
[5]
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=54598&wg_abbrev=odata
[6] http://wso2.com
[7] https://github.com/djkevincr

Regards
Kevin

Posted by Kevin Ratnasekera <dj...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I have submitted a proposal under Apache Any23 JIRA [1] for GSoC 2016.
Please find my final proposal ApacheAny23StandardCompliance-gsoc2016.pdf at
GSoC official site [2] under user name : djkevincr.  Draft Google doc
version  can be found at [3].

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ANY23-249
[2] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com
[3]