Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Pruitt, Byron S" <st...@hp.com> on 2008/11/13 20:36:18 UTC

Problem accessing resources

I can't get a link to an javadoc external resource to work.  The javadoc plugin FAQ suggests ${basedir}/src/main/javadoc.

I couldn't get this work because the constructed link references target/.../apidocs/"package path"/resource.  The resource is not copied from its location in the src directory to the expected target directory location.

The javadoc documentation suggests putting the resource in a folder named doc-files whose parent is one of the package folders.  I tried src/../com/doc-files, but the resource is not getting copied to anywhere in the target/site folder.

I guess my question is how does, or what triggers javadoc to copy a resource from somewhere in the src directory to somewhere in the target directory?

My link looks like @see <a href="r4[1].core.pdf">OSGi Core Release 4</a>.  Until I know where the resource gets copied in target, I don't know how to build the link.

-Steve