Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kevin J. Turner" <kt...@dceg.com> on 2002/03/19 21:46:05 UTC

action class to action class interaction

I have many action classes that share a particular form bean. I would
like to use the session sparingly, therefore I would like to use
request scope for my form bean.

In some situations, a path similar to the following, is followed:

actionClass1 --> JSP1 --> actionClass2 --> actionClass3 --> JSP2

If all three classes share my request-scoped form bean, then how does
the form data get retained from actionClass1 to actionClass3? Does
actionClass2 need forward the request data along explicitly, i.e.
request.setAttribute() ? I guess I'm just not understanding how to
properly use request scope beans.

I tried using session-scoped system state beans to store the data
between requests but that just seemed like twice the work. The system
state beans had nearly the same data as the form beans. It seemed
redundant.